Features & Highlights
A unique vector editor for fast and powerful creation, manipulation, shading, and export of smooth, complex shapes.
Highlights | Feature List | Pricing
| Demo | Screenshots | Purchase
Illustrations below highlight some of the program's most useful and unique features, and are captured directly
from Organic Studio. Click on the "Show" button to play the animation.
EASY, INTUITIVE SHAPE CREATION
Organic Studio allows users to simply draw a general approximate outline of the desired shape,
and will generate a smooth, fitted open or closed vector shape based on that rough drawing. The newly
created shape can be adjusted later as desired.
In addition, a number of stadnard shapes is available,
including ellipses, rectangles with rounded corners, regular or logarithmic spirals, stars, polygons,
POWERFUL PROCEDURAL SHAPE ENVELOPES
Organic Studio's unique envelope system allows the user to put a complex-looking procedural envelope around
a very simple shape, such as a hand-drawn curve or an ellipse.
This allows extremely easy editing and
manipulation, while resulting in visually rich, complex shapes that can be exported either to Adobe Illustrator
(AI) format or to industry-standard Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format.
UNIQUE ALONG-THE-PATH TOOL
Organic Studio also has a unique shape copying tool which allows the user to copy a shape
(or a set of shapes) along another shape's contour or envelope, with a number of options
such as incremental scaling, offsets, rotation, banking, and many more.
These options are adjustable even after the shape has been created.
FLEXIBLE SHADING OPTIONS
Organic Studio lets the user shade the shape in a number of ways, including empty fills,
solid color fills, linear, radial, and center-out gradients, as well as bitmap fills. The
latter can use any bitmap to fill the shape's interior, and let the user adjust hue, saturation,
lightness, bitmap scaling and rotation, as well as offsets, on-the-fly in real time.
Separate fill, outline, and overall shape opacities are also adjustable.
Move the mouse over each point to show a tooltip with more information. More details can be
obtained from a copy of the full program documentation which can be found here.
- Hand-drawn open or closed curve-fitted shapes
- Powerful copy-along-a-path objects
- Single-line or paragraph text
- Procedural envelopes around shapes
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) vector exporter
- Adobe Illustrator (AI) vector exporter
- JPEG raster exporter
- BMP raster exporter
- TIFF raster exporter
- Edit any shape envelope parameter with immediate on-the-fly visualizations
- Move, add or delete curve control points
- Along-a-path-shapes with attributes editable after creation
- Layer multiple shape envelopes
- Move, rotate, scale, or flip shapes
- Pick envelopes and materials off of other shapes
- Smooth shapes from free-hand points, open or closed
- Rectangles with optional rounded corners
- Polylines and polygons
- N-sided stars and regular polygons
- Regular or logarithmic spirals
- Solid-shaded outlines with thickness
- Solid shape fills
- Linear gradient shape fills
- Radial gradient shape fills
- Center-out gradient shape fills
- Bitmap shape fills with scaling, rotation, hue,
saturation, and lightness controls
- Master, fill, and outline transparencies
- Customizable, intuitive tab-based user interface
- Included envelope and function presets for easy shape generation
We are proud to have Organic Studio win a number of top ratings and excellence awards from various sources
The full version of Organic Studio costs US$39.99, and provides free future build updates for the
same minor and major version of the program. Additional upgrades to newer versions cost US$19.99.
You can purchase the program, as well as find out more about support and pricing, here.